Sunday, October 17, 2010

Alpine Slide 2.0

Since our previous attempt had failed, Jaycelyn and I decided to try the Alpine Slide again. We planned to go Wednesday afternoon (October 13).

I woke up early that morning so that I could go in and still work a full day and be able to leave at two. My head had other plans. I sat up in bed and my brain tried to explode! I slept a bit longer, and then coaxed my noggin into getting up. I finally made it into work around 11:00, and Jaycelyn was going to pick me up at 2:00. Long work day, right? Good thing my boss is great and my schedule is flexible!

She called me from the parking lot and I went out and jumped in the car with her. We headed up the canyon and made it to Park City in no time at all, again thanks to the musical talents of the "Glee" cast. We reached the base of the lift that would take us to the top and boarded. This day was already looking a lot sunnier then the last time we had tried this, so we felt that we would have a much better chance of actually riding.

We got to the top of the lift, and the guy there didn't really tell us what to do. He just told us where to step off the lift, and that was about it. Thanks. (The guys this trip were not nearly as attractive as the last time. I guess only the cute ones are willing to work in the not-so-great weather.) We saw a pile of sleds, so we each grabbed one and headed off in the direction we had seen a few other people going. We got to the top of the slide, read the instructions and rules board, and boarded the slide. After brief instruction from the guy sitting at the top of the slide, we were off! Over 3,000 feet of sliding! What a rush! I happen to be a bit accident prone, so I took it a little slowly at first, but about half-way through, I put on the speed a little more. Altogether, it was a beautiful ride through the fall foliage with a crisp wind in my face. We reached the bottom, turned in the sleds to the employees there, and decided we needed to do a bit of shopping.

A few minutes later, we were at the Tanger Outlets, plenty of places to empty our wallets surrounding us. Jaycelyn had been looking at a jacket, but none of the locations around where we live had it, so we decided to stop in the store up there. She found the jacket, but it was only a 3/4 sleeved dainty little things, so she opted out, seeing as how the cold weather is setting in. We stopped at a different store so I could get a bracelet I had seen (I want to adapt the design for a beading class I teach) and headed back home.

We thought to see a movie we both wanted to see to top off the evening, but by the time we reached the theater, it was another two hours before the next showing, so we decided to call it a night. I was OK with that, because I was going to have to make the next morning an extra early one to help out my sister. Alpine Slide 2.0? Success!

No comments:

Post a Comment