Monday, October 18, 2010

Top of the Church Office Building

A few weeks ago, I was at my grandma's house with a bunch of other family. We were discussing my 30 new things, and going to the top of the Church Office Building (COB) came up. My aunt told me I needed to talk to her sister-in-law, who works in the building. She told me I could get a "special" tour, so I got a phone number and email address for Tiffany.

I contacted Tiffany, and she told me it would be no problem for her to take me on a tour. We set up an appointment, and my sister Annie and I showed up at the COB at 1:00 on Friday, October 15. I had called Tiffany on my way down to SLC, asking her where would be the best place for me to park. She informed me she had reserved me a parking spot under the COB, and instructed me how to get there. I came to the first security guard, gave him my name, and he gave me a pass and directions to my assigned parking area. He looked very official, in his black suit and white gloves.

I met Annie at the fountain in front of the building, and we went in and checked in at the front desk. They took our driver's licenses, entered some information into their computers, and out came temporary badges with our amazing DMV photos on them. We then took the elevators up to the 18th floor and found Tiffany. She took us around her floor a little bit, and then up to the 26th floor, which is the top. We looked out on Salt Lake City with a bird's-eye-view, and realized there are a lot more open, grassy areas than you would think in the city. We saw the University of Utah, Brigham Young's grave, the capitol building, and Temple Square, among other things. I will never get over how enormous the Conference Center is! We went back inside, and Tiffany took us to a few "secret places." We ran into some of the people who do the cooking around those parts, and they were taking pictures of new menu items. They showed us to an entire table full of food they were done photographing, and told us we could eat any of it we liked. Most of it had been sitting out for hours, and so was either no longer safe to eat, or extremely stale. But the cookies, on the other hand....

Tiffany took us back down to the main floor and walked us back out to the parking garage. She was super nice and a great tour guide. In fact, someone stopped us at one point and asked us if they could join our tour. Tiffany politely told them where they could join a regular tour, and we continued on our way. So, thanks, Tiffany, for giving us our own special tour!

No comments:

Post a Comment