Friday, October 8, 2010

New car, caviar, four star daydream...

So, on Wednesday, I applied for a credit card with my bank. Please, please, keep the cheering and excitement over this one to a dull roar. I know this isn't one of my more exciting adventures, but I think maybe if I'm officially in the "grown up" years, I should have one of these plastic devices. Plus, apparently it is a good thing to build your credit. Go figure, eh?

So, I logged on to my bank's website and after a few clicks here and there, I had the application on screen. Nothing too hard to answer until I got to the box that asked for my job title. What DO I do for employment? Pretty much anything and everything. Painting, silk screening, emulsion-ing, printing, sewing, spraying, gluing, designing, mathematics, laminating, architect-ing, mounting signs, etc., etc., etc... Can't I just put Lagoon Sign Shop employee? I had to text my boss and ask her. She came up with "detail artist." Sounds fancy enough, right? So, a few more clicks later, and my email inbox pings with a new message telling me my application has been received. Guess we'll find out if they trust me that much. I'll keep you posted. Any good ideas for a card design? No, my dog is not going on it, sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment