Monday, October 18, 2010

In and Out Burger

Saturday morning (October 16) Annie and I were headed to Ikea and invited Natalie to join us. Annie needed some things to help her get her home a bit more organized, and I'm always up for a trip to Ikea.

We wandered around, bought things we did and didn't need, and got the cars loaded up. I was spending the weekend at Annie's in SLC, but went with Natalie upon leaving Ikea. We had planned on going to the Clark Planetarium, and I talked Natalie into stopping at In and Out on our way back up to SLC.

We pulled up to the drive through, and Natalie asked if she could order for me. I agreed, and made a comment about the man standing outside with a little computerized device for taking orders. Natalie looked at me and said, "Wow, you really haven't been here, have you?" I guess I'm more sheltered than I thought! :) She ordered me a cheeseburger "animal style," fries, and a diet Coke. We inched our way to the window, and I was given my meal.

The fries were hand cut, just like at Five Guys, but In and Out peels theirs first. The burger was delicious and tasty, and you can't go wrong with diet Coke. The scripture reference on the bottom of my burger wrapper was Revelation 3:20. "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me." Fitting?

Now time to compare. Altogether, I think I would prefer the taste of Five Guys with the pricing of In and Out. But, if I have to choose a favorite all around, Five Guys wins. They were a bit more expensive, but the food was better in my opinion, so the price is worth it. Sorry, In and Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment