Sunday, October 24, 2010

Clark Planetarium

So, Saturday afternoon, (October 16) my sister Natalie and her baby Jared and I went to visit the Clark Planetarium after our In and Out lunch. We decided to do a little shopping at the Gateway, where the planetarium is located. Natalie was looking for shirts for work, and I found a killer necklace that I modified a bit to be more to my liking. Then, we headed over to the planetarium.

We entered and walked over to the ticket desk to see what was available. We were informed that there was a movie starting in the Dome Theater in just a few minutes about black holes, so we decided to join in and catch it. We were told where the elevators were, since we had Jared in a stroller, and we went up to the theater. The lady at the door there informed us we couldn't take the stroller into the theater and she would take it down to their "stroller parking" for us, as the movie was starting. Thanks for telling us to take the stroller up, people at the front desk. We walked into the theater and found seats.

The movie started, and it was fascinating both in information as well as presentation. The dome theater is as it sounds, a dome. The entire ceiling is the screen, so it is a 360 degree movie experience. Jared sat on my lap, and was pretty good for the first part of the movie. He got a little fussy about half-way through, so Natalie made him a bottle and I fed it to him. Then he was just too happy to go to sleep, (that kid is always in a good mood!) so we let him crawl around on the floor in front of us. And if you want to know anything about black holes, just ask me, because I know now. Pretty cool movie!

After the flick, we went back down to the main floor and retrieved the stroller from where the nice lady had "parked" it for us. We then looked around a little bit at the gift shop and the science-y toys and such they had there. I looked for a pin for my collection, but they didn't have any. Oh, well.

We made our way back out to Natalie's car, got everything loaded in, and she gave me a ride back to Annie's house, where my car was. Not quite what I was expecting from the planetarium, but a pleasant misconception, nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment